Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wire Jewellery Designs

Ok so I’m not a big fan of wearing jewellery but I LOVE making it.

I started making jewellery in about 2004, after joining a newly formed medieval group and watched with great interest one of the members making a chain maille armor. The moment I got home I went online and Google searched “chain maille”. Not only did I find more chain maille armor, but also chain maille jewellery and other wire based jewellery. Well I was hooked. I saved every image that caught my eye for inspiration and bought every magazine that had wire jewellery tutorials in it. As my own style developed I found that I went from Victorian style wired beads to mostly wire work.

This is one my first attempts at coiling

This is a popular design for beginners

Ouch, by the time I finished this piece my fingers were a bit sore

Another beautiful piece of wire work if I do say so myself

and other pretty piece

When I was a member of an SCA group
I was shown how to braid my own cord

Love these buttons.
They were in my Mum's bead collection
but I persuaded her to give me some for this project

No comments:

Post a Comment