Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Kitchen Chairs Part 1: Tacks, Tacks and more Tacks

If I see another tack it will be way to soon. When I did these last time I certainly did a good job of it. That fabric wasn’t going anywhere fast.

tacks
tacks
and more tacks

I also needed to remove the springs as they were chewing up the hessian I used as a base to protect the foam.

 
Tacks from just one chair

I lost a bit of skin trying to pry everything out with a screwdriver until I was told of a handy dandy gadget that would make removing tacks easily. It’s called a Tack Puller. Who would have guessed lol.

Handy dandy tack puller

Yep this tool was a skin and sanity saver.

After a few hours I now have 6 frames ready for the next step.


I was going to use webbing, however after my first attempt with trying to stretch that stuff by myself without and clamp and another handy dandy tool that I don’t want to buy, I’m going to go with a ply base. Probably will be cheaper too.

Part 2 will be the upholstery.

Cheers

Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment