Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Button Christmas Wreath Ornament

Button Christmas Wreath Ornament

Christmas is not far away folks! Have you got your Christmas shopping done yet? How’s your Christmas decorating going?

This year I plan on making gifts however I haven't even made a thing yet. In my defence I do know what everyone is getting, so that is a start AND they are all relatively easy and affordable to make. Now that's a bonus on the hip pocket lol.

My Christmas tree has been up for about a week now but it’s still looking a little bare during the day. At night, the lights seem to fill in the spaces but I’m aiming to have a tree FULL of cream, gold and my recent colour addition, brown, over the course of a couple of years.

This is pretty much what last years tree looked like.

100_2913
So much room for more decorations don’t you agree?

Here is the first ornament for this year which was inspired by Crafty Chix and was repinned onto Christmas: Trimming the Tree.

100_2909
I used the cardboard from a cereal box for the base so both sides needed to be painted white to prevent the print and boring gray from show through, and guess what, I only had enough spray paint to make 4. That’s one of the problems when you use an almost half empty can of spray paint I guess.

I don’t know why but I like to have 12 of each ornament on my tree, so another 8 to go when I get some more paint.


Thanks for stopping by.

Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment