Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

30 Boxes in 30 Days - Update 2

Day 3 - was a very productive day with 5 boxes sorted through. I had planned on doing just the one but kind of got a little carried away. 

I had got tired of seeing a box overflowing with plastic bags every time I opened the pantry door and having to pick up the odd bag that had found its way to the floor; so day 3 was the day to get that under control.
100_1971
Before

100_1972
After

100_1973

As you can see from the second image, the original bag storage was now way too big so I needed to find something smaller to store them in. The story is a little similar to the three bears. The first one was too big, the second one was too dirty but the third one was just right

Ok, now this is where I got a little carried away. In the hunt for the right box I found some stuff that I hadn't seen in a very long time tucked away. I was like a kid at Christmas.

Look what I found.... and there's two of them. they are actually a pair of candle wall sconces but they sit rather nicely on a flat surface.

100_1980
Isn’t it gorgeous????

Not sure whether to paint and age these babies or leave them as is, but for now they are sitting on my mum's cabinet that she had for years. In fact I recall seeing it in and old black and white photo of when she was in her teens. that is a future project after I finally get around to re-doing these chairs.

Day 4 - I almost missed day four as I spent most of the day working on my final Uni assignment and was really excited about the finished product that I spent the arv showing off to my parents. bonus was I was allowed to pick a bag full of fresh mandarins off their neighbour's tree Smile

Total boxes to date: 8 boxes in 4 days.

Anyways, time to put my feet up and chillax with an icy cold beer.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment