Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

30 Boxes in 30 Days - Update 6

My decorating style has change from ‘Country’ in the mid 90’s to ‘New Country’, to my new style which is a work in progress but definitely eclectic. I guess it’s becoming a mix of Shabby Chic and French Provincial, mixed in with Junk Style.

Because of this change, it was time to sort through the 3 containers that I’ve been hiding keep sakes in that I just can’t bear to part with, as well as stuff that I’ve been collecting ever since I first started my decorating journey back in the mid 90’s.

This post is image heavy as I want to show off what I found in these boxes as they may not see the light of day for some time.

The first few collections were from my Mum’s collection. She allowed my sister and I to ‘fight’ it out between ourselves who got what, so we took turns. I picked something and then Sandra would pick something until one of us decided we had enough stuff for our own collection. That was me; however I now regret not continuing until the last item.

Dog CollectionDog Collection

 

Cat CollectionCat Collection

 

Random Animals CollectionRandom Animals

Wall Vase CollectionWall Vases

Isn’t that green one horrendous lol. There are three little wood imps, two of which are poking their heads out from behind the vase. One is at the top left and the other is on the side right.

The little girl one used to have a matching vase of a little boy but it got lost…. long story  Sad smile

Birds… of the two legged as well as the feathered variety lolBirds

The following are from my own collection that were hiding in these 3 boxes.

Cherub CollectionCherub Collection

I’ve got two more cherubs hiding in a box somewhere around the house. The ones on the top right I bought from the Rockhampton Swap Meet…. I think.

Handmade By Cody Collection (from his Pre-School and Primary School days)Handmade By Cody Collection

Gifts From Cody Collection (there are heaps more displayed around the house)Gifts From Cody

High School Year Books (just a faded memory now)School Year Books

There’s still a few more items that I found in those 3 boxes but I’ll show them in the next post as I’ve still got more photos to take.

As I finish each room, I will dig through these boxes again to create lovely vignettes to show off and inspire.

After sorting through/emptying/repacking 30 boxes, it doesn’t look like I’ve made a huge difference, with the exception of the floor space in the garden shed. At least I can finally walk in there without having to literally climb over stuff to find what I need Confused smile

Garden Shed

I start back at Uni next week so maybe after 2nd term finishes I might end up doing a ‘30 Boxes in 30 Day: Round 2’.

Total: 31 boxes in 27 days

Thanks for stopping by Smile

Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment