Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

30 Boxes in 30 Days – Update 3

How is everyone today?

Since starting this challenge I have found that my mojo for craft and home decorating is coming back. The “dining” room has had a good going over with  a dust cloth and vacuum cleaner, and all junk that was dumped on the table are now properly stored or disposed of. I’ve done some more work on the kitchen chairs and have started cleaning a venetian blind I got from a local recycling business.

I also managed to get some sewing done as well. Just repairs; although I have got a project in mind for the bottom half of Cody’s full length jeans that he cuts off during the Summer months, but more about that project in a later post.

So here is the challenge update

Day 5 - Cleared 1 box that had some old toys that belonged to Cody when he was younger. They just need a bit of a clean up and will be perfect for my nephew Dominic whenever he and his Mum come to visit.

Day 7 - Sorted through a box of painting supplies in preparation for stripping and finishing off the kitchen chairs.

Day 14 - Been very slack these last few days but I have definitely made up for it today. Emptied 7 boxes of random “stuff” and filled 1 plastic storage box which now stores all my gardening gear…. AND I can now actually walk into my garden shed. Still got plenty of stuff to sort through in there but I’m very pleased with myself with todays achievement. Now where is that calamine lotion and Phenergan? I’ve now got a touch of hay fever and I’ve got bites all over me from the dust and the microscopic bities in that shed.

Total boxes to date: 18 boxes in 14 days.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment